Thursday, June 10, 2004

Being busy has its pros and cons. On the bright side, time whizzes by, whereas, on the dark side, well, time whizzes by. (There were a lot of commas in that sentence and I have absolutely no idea if they were used correctly. Not that it matters.)

The week has come and almost gone and I have no idea where all the time’s disappeared to. It’s Thursday, which is great. The weekend finally beckons. But then again, I’ve had to return two library books I never had the time to finish. Pity. Deadlines have loomed and then zoomed by so many times that I’ve lost track of what I’ve done and what I’m supposed to do. Somehow, when you have a lot on your hands, they collectively weigh you down but yet individually become lighter, so much so that it has become a matter of getting things done rather than sincerely trying to put some creative effort into my work.

I’ve also found that I have trouble thinking visually. I can’t come up with witty juxtapositions or striking analogies, which is discouraging even though I’m predominantly copy-based. Concepts encompass everything and that includes visuals. Thankfully, I have visually gifted creatives working alongside my hopeless ass. This damn direct mailer had better go to print. I need something for my book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home