Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Insanity, and not much else

A title like that was bound to happen.

And it really couldn't have happened on a better day. You see, it has finally dawned upon me that the only use I have to the unit I'm in is paper-pushing and stapler-stapling. The funny thing is, what entails from such a job scope is long hours sitting down on an uncomfortable chair, which apparently has been made of diamond-polymer composites giving it the look of a plastic surface and a butt-numbing hardness.

Well, I can't complain I guess, it's better than outfield. Narrowly.

I'm desperately pushing for a 8-5 job, where I get to spend time at home with my family, and hopefully even friends. It a little low on my boss' priority list, and I'm thinking it's likely not to happen within the next few weeks. I regret not pushing for something earlier, because now arrows will be flying toward me by the bagsful as they try to max out my usefulness.

I think I better meet this deadline first, before they skewer me.

"I love deadlines. I love the loud whooshing they make as they fly by."
-Douglas Adams

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Relax man. We’re all stuck in ass-numbing shitholes though I suppose your bosses suck more than mine. That seems to be a criterion where you are.

I don’t know what the policies are like but if you demand a transfer they can’t just ignore you right? Besides, I'm sure you'd be more useful elsewhere. Maybe some publication or propaganda writing.

And, make some time on weekends, we need to have yet another good dinner.

7/30/2004 11:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home