Friday, July 09, 2004

Gmail Invite, Anyone?

I know that Gmail accounts are very much in demand right now but this is ridiculous. Let’s see now, so far, people have offered (and probably swapped) the following for a Gmail invite.

1. A spy in Denver.
“This includes but is not limited to tracking, hidden photographs (from my high quality digital camera), listening in on conversations, vehicle tailing, for the whole evening. I will give you all the data I collect for your personal use. I need a picture of the person I am following as well. I will be your person private eye!”

2. A reenactment of any Star Trek episode in full.
“I will act out, in full, any Star Trek: The Next Generation episode you desire - whether it's Wesley's tragic near-death sentance on Rubicun III, Q's experience with the human condition or the one where Deanna gives birth to a shiny beam of light.”

3. A duct tape wallet.
“If one of you gives me a Gmail invitation, I'll make and send you a real customized Duct Tape wallet. It can be a bi or trifold wallet, with as many pockets as you want. I can do drivers license pockets with clear protectors, slots for movie tickets, slots for credits cards, change pockets, like I said.. what ever you want in the wallet! I'll even send you a photo of the wallet with my own money in it! WOW!”

4. An animal sound over the phone.
(I’d ask for a giraffe. I’ve never heard a giraffe before.)

5. A letter from God
“You could be the sole owner of a personal, hand-signed letter from God, verified by someone who is associated with someone who is an ordained, practicing protestant minister! Just think of the doors this could open in your life! Money! Fame! Power! And I'd say sex, but that'd be just odd!”

6. A period.

Anyway, for anyone who’s interested, I have one single invite left and am willing to exchange it, very reasonably, for an iPod Mini (lime green if possible). This is a bargain you can’t afford to miss!

Ah well... was worth a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home