Wednesday, July 07, 2004

After Lunch Work

Apparently, for a copywriter, being greeted heartily by an AE upon your return from lunch is a sign of impending doom. For the second day in a row, a terribly drowsy me has been warmly welcomed back to the office only to be briefed immediately on I’d-rather-watch-toenails-grow-than-do-this jobs.

“Joel!! You’re back!! Solution sheet!!”(or something like that) My name is increasingly becoming a dirty word.

What they don’t understand is that after a heavy meal (fish head curry again in today’s case), I have precisely as much processing power as a curry puff and curry puffs aren’t exactly adept at writing solution sheets or brochures now, are they? In fact, in the two hours following lunch, my brain is already working at full capacity just keeping my bodily functions up and running. It is, in essence, one big fat hypothalamus. This is why impromptu closed-door brainstorm sessions are sometimes suddenly called for in the conference room, pitch or no pitch. Okok. So that’s happened maybe twice in the 6 months I’ve been here. I’ve gotta strive to make it part of the creative team’s daily schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home