Thursday, May 03, 2007

Nothing much

In the fourteen days since my last post, I have been swamped with literally one request to blog about something, anything. “Why the fuck haven’t you been blogging?” my lone requestor implored. “Because I haven’t anything to say,” was the simple reply.

And it’s true.

Oh, I suppose I could’ve written something about the excellent and entertaining film Fuck which I caught with my colleagues. But I really didn’t have anything insightful to add. I could also have written about the many excessive meals I’ve had in the past week with friends and colleagues alike, complete with pictures. But then I’d just have ended up looking like one of those blogs with nothing but food shots then some lame description of said food then some people-around-table shots with all their names from left to right followed by some more food shots. Getting an appendectomy would’ve been more fun than doing that.

There’s just been nothing happening. I’m not flying to New York like Yvonne. I’m not leaving for Beijing like Gavin. I don’t have to deal with the trials and tribulations of parenthood like Jean. Sure, I’m getting along fine at work but that’s nothing to go all gaga about.

If I’m honest, it’s been kind of boring. A bit like sailing on a pristine lake. Sure, it’s calm, relaxing and you're still going somewhere, but every once in a while, you just wish that the waves would hit you that little bit harder. You want to see a hint of danger on the horizon and head straight for it.

Unfortunately, I seem to be sailing my boat in a bathtub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home