Friday, March 02, 2007

Vain Pot

I have just returned from a light jog around my estate and I’ve gotta tell you, the pounding of your lungs, the sound of your feet hitting the asphalt, the wind in your face; God, does jogging suck. Some people tell me that jogging is addictive and that I’ll soon grow to like it. Plainly, they must be mad. Jogging, to me, is the single most boring activity on earth. Honestly, I’d have more fun contemplating my own navel – a pursuit which, I have been reliably informed, is known as omphaloskepsis. If I wasn’t such a vain pot, jogging would be about as high on my list of priorities as getting murdered. Unfortunately, I am just such a vain pot. And in my pursuit of abdominals, I have resorted to plodding around twice a week in ugly shoes in the vague hope that, after a couple of hundred kilometres, I will have a midriff that you could crack your skull on. It’ll happen. Eventually. Still, don’t put your helmets on just yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bitterjo said...

Good work this week! Think of all the abs(of steel!) that you're going to get if you keep this up!

In the meantime, Nat and I will be have a nice motorcycle helmet on standby. Or a hardhat.

3/03/2007 4:59 am  
Blogger Joel said...

Looking at my current abs (of creme brulee), I think I'll run out of motivation before I run out of fat. Crap.

3/03/2007 9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home