Monday, May 03, 2004

My name's too common. Joel mentioned it twice so far, and neither occasion were references to me (<-- dubious grammar - "was a reference"?) Of course, there was really no reference at all to any person in the 2nd instance, that is unless Joel actually knows who John Silver is. and if he did, John Silver is possibly a fictional character.. can one refer to a fictional character? that is debatable.. i can't really rem the arguments for and against that. Anyway, the point is, my name fits right in to the title of this blog. but then again, if you are thinking "John" = "the person who typed these words and whose name isn't really John", then my name to you may not really fit into the category of being common. To you, I may be "Virgil" or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home