Monday, June 21, 2004

In my haste to leave for work this morning, I simply threw on the nearest t-shirt, which happened to be black, and zipped out of the house. What I didn’t notice was that the t-shirt was covered in lint, which has resulted in me becoming a very crude walking representation of the Milky Way. For a more realistic experience, I recommend viewing me under black light.

Now, of course, there were good reasons why I was in a hurry. Firstly, after the seventh consecutive three-hours-of-sleep-cos-of-euro-2004 night, I am moving with the speed and grace of the average sloth. Secondly, I have recently started to play the guitar again and the urge to twang some strings struck me at 7:45am, about the time when I really should start getting dressed for work. On an aside, my guitar is also known as my wife. This serves no other purpose than to make possible the phrase “I’m gonna finger my wife now.” Songs I’m currently playing way too often are “Times like These” by Foo Fighters and “Angels or Devils” by Dishwalla. Simple stuff but you gotta start somewhere eh? Finally, I wanted to cram a few more Franz Ferdinand songs (Darts of Pleasure, 40 Feet, Shopping for Blood and All For You Sophia) into my antique 32MB Creative MP3 player along with a couple of others just for balance. Trying to get the most out of 32MB is one of those things that can ruin lives. I have spent many a frustrating hour picking songs based on their file size and, in the process, learnt to make do with less than acceptable sound quality just so I won’t have to listen to the same tracks three times over in one train ride. It was no different this morning, which led to me wearing the Milky Way, as mentioned in the first paragraph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home