Tuesday, March 22, 2005

My 2nd last day at work and I don’t know whether to feel happy or sad that I’m leaving. I know that I won’t miss the job at all nor the pay, of which there is too little to miss anyway, but I’m definitely gonna miss the people that I'll be leaving. Here’re some of them in alphabetical order.

Adrian
Easily the person I’ve learnt the most from in the past year. I’ll be forever grateful for his guidance and patience.

Having said that, he is also full of crap. He supports Liverpool for one (get yourself a real team). He can’t get enough of over-priced watches and he’s constantly trying to get his hands on Carine’s MP3 player.

Anita
Her laughter (when she laughs, the world either laughs with her or loses its collective mind), snide remarks and FUSSINESS are the stuff of legend.

Still, she’s a good colleague to have. As long as her laughter, snide remarks and fussiness aren’t directed at you, that is.

Carine
She of the double-nouns e.g. bear bear, ball ball, countless Adidas bags and a distressing tendency to address her monitor in murmurs.

She’s only been here roughly two months but we’ve come to be good friends (if I dare say so) in that time. She speaks like a kid (though telling that to her face could mean having it swatted) and acts like one or as Gavin said to her, “You’re a bloody cartoon character”.

No complaints though. It’s all been very entertaining even if my arm has been scarred by her accursed red pen too many times.

Gavin
His enthusiasm for the job is matched only by his appetite. Sometimes though, I think he has too much faith in my writing ability. I’m not ALL that interested in the jobs most of the time though that doesn’t seem to faze him.

Boisterous, happy-go-lucky, encouraging. Apparently not very good with rearing guppies. The first unfortunate baby guppy got flushed down the toilet bowl. The next 25 or so have winded up dead though I’m not sure exactly how.

Jason
Jason is cheerful. At any given moment in time, he is always ready to smile or laugh or both. The only exception being the time when he slammed his table and left the office in a huff. (It might be noted that Gavin, upon seeing the two hum ji peng that Jason had so cruelly left behind, promptly swallowed them before suddenly realising that if Jason were to return, having finally cooled down, only to find his breakfast missing, he might just storm off again.)

Jason also has the habit of being tuned in to Suria while the rest of us are talking Channel 5. Once when I was discussing my new job, he proclaimed that he wanted to have shao rou fan for lunch. I can’t remember other instances of this though. Weird.

I’ve probably missed out some people. But you’re either too new or I just haven’t had the chance to get to know you.

One more thing. My farewell lunch is gonna be at Kuishin Bo. Hohoho.
Ok. Corny. Never mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Having said that, he is also full of crap. He supports Liverpool for one (get yourself a real team).

right... coming from a Newcastle fan

3/26/2005 2:34 am  
Blogger Joel said...

You must understand that I am a closet Chelsea fan.

3/27/2005 11:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home