Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Let's all be suits

Yesterday, one of my colleagues suggested that today be “Client Servicing Day” which means that all the creatives had to come dressed like suits. My initial plan was to disregard this waste of time but I was told not to “outcast myself” and further warned in the morning via SMS (by my Creative Director, no less) that “If you aren’t dressed up, be prepared for consequences. Heh heh heh.” Hence, I am now glaring at my laptop decked in a black shirt, jeans and sneakers that don’t match.

I think shirts are one of the worst things mankind has ever come up with (along with the enema). Firstly, there are way too many buttons on the damn things. Invariably, I get all the way to the bottom and then realise that I’ve missed one out which means I have to unbutton and button everything only to realise once again that I’ve missed one out. Repeat ad nauseam. Secondly, the collar grates against my neck incessantly which leads to “Redneck Syndrome”. This explains the fact that every time I put on a shirt, I get the hots for my cousin. Lastly, shirts are incapable of absorbing sweat. And in the wonderfully humid-as-the-inside-of-a-pair-of-diapers weather we have here, that is a no-no because sweat dribbling down your back and into your nether regions is neither titillating nor hygienic.

Still, my colleagues have been very enthusiastic about the whole thing. The dude who made the foul suggestion came dressed in a full shirt, pants, tie outfit which was very impressive. This was compounded by the fact that he usually wears just a thin T-shirt, floppy jeans and slippers. We even took pictures. I won’t post them here because some of them show me with my finger in my mouth. Not good for reputation but, hey, they wanted a funny pose.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine the fun i would have if where i work had 'Creatives Day'

And the creatives had 'Suit Day'

Oh the joy!

9/14/2006 12:43 am  
Blogger Joel said...

Nadda. Noop. Zip.

Banish the thought, my friend. If we're going down, you're sure as hell coming along with us.

9/14/2006 12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home