Saturday, May 08, 2004

==== I Like Simple ASCII ART ===

I do like titles. It's like, nice and stuff.

A rejoinder to John's rejoinder: 2002 statistics would state that in Chinese "Chen" (and all its variants, like "Chan", "Chin", "Tan", etc) is the most common surname in Singapore. Maybe I confused when I said, "most common surname in Chinese" when I should have said "most common surname when converted to Mandarin".

Just yesterday, I got stabbed viciously in the arm with a 16-gauge needle that resembles a "Yakult straw", as Joel had appropriately put it. It does look like it, and it is partially plastic. It is not fun having it dug underneath the dermis at all.

The man who stabbed me was Hoe Yeen Teck. He's a GEP (pronounced "jeep" by the GEP students) which means his IQ is higher than the average man. There are quite a few of them at the camp where I work. After penetrating the skin and finally my vein, he pushed the straw mercilessly against the wall of my vein and broke it. It's still swelling.

It was my turn next, and I boo-booed pretty badly. I forgot to loosen the tourniquet and the pressure that built up caused the blood to spill all over the mat and eve the floor. It's a longer story made short, but trust me, it looked like a murder scene.

Okay, I've got to sleep now... I really want to talk about the dinner I just ate with the guys here, but I'm really bushed. Tommorrow then?

~A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home