Monday, May 03, 2004

So I’m sitting here at my desk killing time again. Or getting killed by it. Whichever tickles your fancy. There’s absolutely nothing to do. I’ve written 6 lines..ok..ok… 7 lines the whole day and proof read some newsletter. Not exactly the exciting creative stuff I thought I’d be doing when I started.

It’s been quite a mundane working experience so far. I’ve been using my technical skills more than my creative ones (whether I have a creative side or not has yet to be determined) and I feel more like a disillusioned grammar teacher with his almighty red pen in hand rather than a copywriter. Adrian said he’d like me to come up with lines like “Impossible is Nothing” or..erm… I can’t remember the other one so he can boast that he knows the guy who wrote whichever great ad. But all I work on are teeny tiny products that no one cares about anyway. So that’ll have to wait.

And just as I’m writing this, I receive another email requesting me to proof another *bleeping* newsletter. Can’t these idiots spell?? Why do they, bloody, like to use commas, so much? Skim through and throw out… That’s fast becoming the routine. And suddenly I find a freaking mistake in my own copy! Extra comma which has doomed poor Eileen to toasting the damn thing a third time. Yes, life is ironic. A thousand apologies my dear friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home