Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Managed to catch Kill Bill Vol. 2 yesterday with Jolene. The movie was disappointing. I went in there expecting blood, gore and amazing music. What I got was a love story interspersed with cheesy Chinese kung fu scenes and hardly any music to remember. It was hilarious at times but lacked that punch the first instalment had. Too bad.

With that out of the way, onto the important bit. As movie-goers here will know, under the recently revised movie ratings, Kill Bill Vol. 2 is listed as M-18. This means that only viewers above the age of 18 are allowed to view that movie. I am telling you this just in case you happen to be a bleating idiot who has no access to TV, radio, print or any other form of mass media. Now, why exactly Kill Bill Vol. 2 is rated M-18 is disputable. There really isn’t that much violence, sex or foul language in it.

But that isn’t important either. The important thing is that as Jolene and I walked up to the ticket stub tearer (usher?!?) and passed him our tickets, he looked up at both of us and in a stern voice asked to see our ICs. What the hell!? I’m gonna be 25 this year and I can’t pass off as being over 18?? Cut me some slack man. Of course, being the civilised gentleman that I am, I merely turn to Jolene, shrug and show him my driver’s license. He gives me that damn-I’m-gonna-get-you-next-time look and returns the card to me which leaves me bristling even more. The nerve of the guy. He glares at Jolene as she fumbles (must be those pudgy fingers) with her matric card and IC before over-elaborately examining every detail followed, again, by that same dastard look. Of course, in her case, I can understand why a check would be necessary, she looking so kiddy and all. But anyways, we walk past stiffly after which I start to rant wildly about how I can’t believe that I, a 25-yr old, had to suffer such an indignity etc and promptly walk into the wrong cinema. Well, it was actually the right one, but I didn’t know it. So I had to endure the embarrassment of darting out, checking the cinema number and darting quickly back in again. Bleah… at least the movie was… well… bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home