Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Meme – Three facts about me.

I got tagged by Jean so I’m supposed to disclose three facts you might not know about me. After all of you wake up, I’ll tag another five lucky ones to reveal three facts about themselves and so on and so forth. Here goes.


  • I lived in the Philippines for two years (or was it three?) during my childhood. This means I spent a significant proportion of my formative years devouring roasted quail and balut – which is really duck foetuses steamed in the shell; beak, feathers and all (it’s not so bad when you don’t know what you’re putting in your mouth). I also vaguely remember being very excited during a typhoon.

  • I suffer from ankylosing spondylitis – a gradual stiffening of the spine usually accompanied by arthritis-like symptoms. Due to this, I don’t have to serve my reservist cycle and have thus forgotten the meanings of the terms ICT and IPPT. Thankfully though, other than the daily pill popping, I’m still able to live a normal life. Nonetheless, any donations to the Help-Joel-Live-Even-More-Comfortably fund would be most welcome.

  • Lastly, despite appearances to the contrary, the circumference of my head as measured from two centimetres above the eyebrow is a mere 57cm.


    And I tag:
    Vanessa
    Gavin
    Eunice
    John – this is my way of forcing you to post something.
    Carine – don’t worry, your top secret blog is safe with me.
  • 5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    All good facts, though the duck foetus thing is beyond disgusting. You should try the massage place downstairs for some back relief.

    9/08/2005 11:20 am  
    Blogger Joel said...

    The duck foetus is really rather delicious. You should try it someday. Close your eyes and chew. It's great.

    As for the back, I'm not into massages. They make me giggle like a girl.

    9/08/2005 11:32 am  
    Blogger es said...

    We would like to see you giggle like a girl.

    9/09/2005 6:00 pm  
    Blogger Gavo said...

    He always does when u tell him the client just pushed the deadline forward...'heeeheeeheeee ridiculous...heehee'

    9/10/2005 10:28 am  
    Blogger Joel said...

    Oh shut it. There will be no giggling like anything; only manly laughter.

    An aside: Semi-colons are such chores. I never know if they're appropriate or not.

    9/10/2005 5:30 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home