Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The comb-over. Again.

Today, the comb-over visited once again. I was all smiles as I greeted it partly because I was being polite but more so because, faced with an entity of such comeliness, I couldn’t help but be all smiles. And the smiling continued all through the meeting, during which the organism on which this handsome comb-over was perched gesticulated a bit and said something or other about some copy that needed to be changed. Mere interferences in the cosmic network as far as I was concerned. I had more important matters to consider such as what life must be like, living forever in the shadow of such hirsute perfection. I envied the organism under because to exist in such close proximity to nirvana must be like staying next door to a pub. But then again, the constant stream of men peeing at your door would drive you insane and so on and so forth in an endless battle of good versus evil.

Alas, the meeting ended before I could come to any useful interpretation of this pub analogy. However, before the comb-over vanished once again, I had a chance to surreptitiously point it out to my CD who let out an “Ooooh” of such great intensity that I was inclined to take two steps back. “That IS a comb-over.” he declared after a few appreciative moments. No doubt, the comb-over has gained another convert. A new religion cometh forth.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bitterjo said...

Not only are you completely enamored with Mr. Nirvana and his crowning glory of epic proportions, you even converted the CD...

p.s. If this is a religion, does it make you a Combist?

1/31/2007 11:33 pm  
Blogger Joel said...

Nope. That would mean I worship combs and that’s as dumb as worshipping the Virgin Mary when you really should be worshipping the Holy Infant Jesus. Or so they say.

I worship the Comb-over which makes me a “Comb-over-ist”. Next week, I’ll be praying to the Celestial Teapot whose warm, fragrant brew cleanseth me of my sin and taketh me to antioxidant heaven. Some of you might be doubtful of the Celestial Teapot’s existence. But really, it isn’t nice to question someone else’s faith. After all, one man’s invisible man in the sky is another man’s *insert the god of your choice*.

2/01/2007 2:44 pm  
Blogger Bitterjo said...

You don't need to pray to the Celestial Teapot to go to Antioxidant Heaven. All you need to do is drink Heaven & Earth Green Tea, because it cleanses your soul and gives (your tummy) a good spring-cleaning before that sinful CNY binge. Clean before Sin!

I'll just stick to being a Cacaolic. You can't go wrong with Chocolate. Don't ask, just eat.

2/02/2007 1:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home