Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Joe has jogged.

And other than sweating like a cow, panting like a pansy and generally feeling like a soggy sock, Joe thinks he has come out of it pretty well.

Ah heck, I can’t write in third person. Is this third person? First? Never mind. English majors are not as well-known for their English as they are for their propensity to avoid any sort of productive work.

I am sure that I will regret this excursion in fitness tomorrow morning when I attempt to remove myself from my bed but instead manage only to propel myself directly onto the floor and, having gotten there, thus proceed to lament (face down) the loss of my legs.

Still, kudos to Chow, Ann and Eunice for somehow motivating me to jog. Chow for providing the transport. Ann for actually jogging. And Eunice for coming up with that targeted ad headlined “No More Excuses” that plopped itself comfortably in my inbox.

On another running related note, I finally tendered my resignation today. After a week and a half, my boss made her long awaited return from Hong Kong. (The first thing she did was yabber on the phone in what I am convinced is tongues which led to Dave, Tanty and Krazy Karen IM-ing me within seconds with the collective message “SHE’S BAAAAAAACK!!!” The assholes.) And so we had the usual “why are you leaving”, “where are you going” talk in the conference room (they always go to the conference room) the contents of which I will not reproduce here.

So I’ll be off in a month to what is hopefully a more exciting job. It’s a little premature for goodbyes so I’ll save them for a few more weeks. Besides, I have been slated as the copywriter for a truckload of mailings so my brain will probably be filled with formats, material keys and personalisations once again. Ah, the joys of work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually jogged?! watch out, i'm gonna make it....8mins 2.4 ya...

GI Jane in the making

7/16/2005 1:49 am  
Blogger Joel said...

Catching up with me isn't any fun!

Dave, however, is another matter. He sounds like a very good runner.

I am just a wuss in shorts.

7/18/2005 1:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home