Friday, September 09, 2005

On being fat

When I was fat, the world was a smaller place. The trees were thinner, the pants were tighter and sofas were somehow less comfy.

When I was fat, fat jokes were doubly funny.

When I was fat, I had no seesaw buddies.

When I was fat, the world was a cheery place. Everywhere I went, there was laughter – especially during P.E. lessons.

When I was fat, girls thought I was cute. They’d pinch me and giggle and giggle and pinch me. Not one would sleep with me though. And now that I’m not fat, they still won’t. This makes me sad.

When I was fat, fashion didn’t matter. A towel was as good as a shirt was as good as a tarpaulin.

When I was fat, I wanted to be thin. Now that I am, it doesn’t seem to matter that much anymore.

Save the criticism. I thought this up on a toilet bowl.

2 Comments:

Blogger magicgirl said...

i needed to say it was very deep...lol

9/09/2005 6:13 pm  
Blogger Joel said...

Yes, it was indeed. I do my best thinking on the bowl. A toilet philosopher, if you will.

9/10/2005 5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home