Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I need a new pen

I have lost four of them thus far and my last one’s gone all scratchy. Sure, I could easily snitch one from the office stationery pool but that would be like prancing around in someone else’s underwear – it would work but you’d somehow feel all dirty.

I used to write with old fountain pens which gave me an air of intellectuality. But in primary school, an air of intellectuality is about as useful as shorts worn up to the midriff, which I also had. And then there were the gifts from previous girlfriends with engraved messages such as “TYFBM” (no, I’m not gonna tell you what that stands for). Unfortunately, filled with love or not, they made writing about as pleasurable as scaling a fish.

So, off it is to Muji then for some of their Gel Ink Pens. I adore these. Every scribble feels like you’re autographing Maggie Q’s tummy – deliciously smooth and with just the right amount of tautness. No Pilot or Stabilo or Papermate could give me the same degree of pleasure. Why then don’t I consider a proper long-lasting pen like a Parker or a Mont Blanc? It’s simple. I’m not 45, still have a full head of hair and don’t have a Chinese mistress tucked away in some condominium. Then again, just give me twenty more years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bitterjo said...

I can't believe I have more pens than you; I thought you'd be the kind to keep a cabinet full of them. Red, white, black, blue, SILVER (ooh, bling!).

I feel mildly offended that you are accusing me of being a balding old man with a harem of women in a condo. I happen to own Cross AND Parker pens.

2/07/2007 9:18 pm  
Blogger Joel said...

Who knows? One can never tell for sure these days. Men becoming women, women becoming men. It’s a complex world these days.

2/07/2007 11:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the issue of pens bring back memories.. funny ones..hahahhaha..

2/08/2007 12:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home